Strategy and Commercial Analyst - Remote Working - Global Private Company
Finance/Legal · Remote (SE, DK, NO, TH or ANZ) Fully Remote
Do you want to learn about every aspect of a global business and immerse yourself in something new every day? Are you a Finance pro who’s looking to bring your strategic and analytical skills to a growth-focused business? Are you brewing with ideas on how to analyse and present a variety of information to senior stakeholders? When given a spreadsheet, do you dive into details to slice and dice until trends, risks, and opportunities are evident? If so, we want you to join us as we expand through M&A into new markets and countries while we triple our business over the next three years.
We’re a privately held Swedish company with clients and operations in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand and the USA. Diakrit has been in business for 20 years and is in the midst of a transformation to prepare us for our next growth phase. As our first Strategy Analyst, you will get to learn all areas of the business to develop commercial acumen, while bringing the best strategic planning processes to evaluate investments and successfully deliver projects.
You will love this job if:
- You're insatiably obsessed with analytics and presenting insights and recommendations
- Love freedom to show your creativity
- You prefer to build vs follow and have unlimited initiative and drive
- You have solid finance and accounting experience
- You can work with people from different backgrounds and relish helping a team deliver the best outputs
And you'll hate this job if:
- You are looking for perfect processes and guidance
- You always need to be right vs influencing decision making
- You can not work independently or are not a self-learner
- You are not comfortable working from home and collaborating with people across multiple countries and time zones.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for our financial modelling, business cases and strategic planning. You will work closely with the CEO, COO and CFO on special projects, from M&A (target identification, analysis, due diligence, deal structure and integration projects) to commercial projects for clients, suppliers and operations.
You will need to get down to the details and happily review general ledger details of a target and then step up to tell the story at a market level and in the context of the strategic roadmap. You will need solid communication skills to build relationships and work well with team members from all functions in the business.
What You Won’t Be Doing:
- Working with any routine tasks or existing structure
- Delegating the hard work to an underling
- Focusing on your favourite part of the business - you’ll be expected to learn broadly across the organization
- Proposing generic solutions - you will need to dig deep and gain expertise to make detailed, informed recommendations
- Solving theoretical problems - you will work on the most pressing issues facing the company and have a direct impact on the bottom line
- Deliver on key analyses and projects, including multiple types of market, competitor, customer, internal financial analysis; financial modelling and valuation, scenario planning
- Project management of the due diligence process, workflow and communication for M&A integrations and special projects
- Continued ownership of the investments during the integration phase while working with the project team
- Deliver enhanced diligence processes and templates for the business, financial and legal workstreams
- Exposure to deal negotiation process and have the opportunity to learn the commercial and legal elements of the process
- Provide analytical support and recommendations to the commercial steering group based on understanding trends and opportunities across all market-facing projects
- Working with the go-to-market team as we launch new products and enter new markets
- Summarise insights from analysis and communicate analytical findings in a cohesive story, and articulate an argument to be presented to executives
- Exposure to learn all operational and commercial aspects of Diakrit and our industry
- Develop the strategic planning framework to assist the executive team with quarterly and annual cycles
- 3+ years of total finance experience with an analytical and modelling focus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and experience interacting with multiple stakeholders
- Deep financial analytical expertise to manage modelling and problem solving
- Professional reporting and presentation skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment to achieve clear goals
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field : Accounting, Finance, Commerce with CPA/CA/MBA or similar postgraduate study
- Nice to have: some knowledge of Atlassian’s Jira/Confluence; SQL; Google Workspace, Tableau, Netsuite
Please apply online via career.diakrit.com by submitting your CV or simply apply with your LinkedIn profile!
We won’t ask for any cover letter, instead we will ask you to answer a few questions when you submit your application, so we can get a first idea if we will be a good match!
Please note that we are receiving many applications, so the recruitment process will take a couple of weeks. We are reviewing all applications and all candidates will receive an update on their application via email.
Real estate digital marketing content that empowers and engages real estate agents and property buyers. We provide innovative solutions that empower real estate agents, homeowners and buyers alike. We create cloud-based visualisation tools that deliver new experiences, answer questions and inspire potential - helping home buyers to digitally move in.
Established in Sweden in 2001, DIAKRIT is currently present in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Thailand. With over 800 personnel globally, we are proud to partner with over 8,000 real estate clients worldwide to help buyers find their dream home in an easier, more engaging and informative way.