Are you a seasoned Finance pro who’s looking to bring structure and control to finance? Are you brewing with ideas on how to automate away the repetitive accounting drudgery that most Finance organizations do manually? When you spot inefficiencies in the Finance operation, do you dive into details to fix the problem, instead of just complaining? If so, we want you to lead our Finance & Accounting team.
We’re a privately held company with clients and operations in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand and the USA. Diakrit has been in business for 19 years and is in the midst of a transformation to get us ready for our next growth phase. To us, Finance is a pivotal partner, not a back-office support function. As Director of Finance, you will get to learn all areas of the business to develop commercial acumen, while bringing the best practice compliance processes and training to your remote finance team of 8 people.
You will love this job if:
- You're insatiably obsessed with process efficiency
- You have clear audit, financial reporting or tax experience
- You can work with people from different backgrounds and relish training junior staff so they grow and develop and deliver the best outputs
And you'll hate this job if:
- You lead through inspiration, and let the accountants and analysts deal with the details
- You love it when others document your brilliant ideas, rather than writing them down yourself
- You want to run a machine that's already working perfectly
- You are not comfortable working from home and collaborating with people across multiple countries and timezones
What You Will Be Doing
You will be the ultimate owner of our full finance and legal operations. You will ensure we get the basics right (timeliness, accuracy, compliance) and then drive continuous improvement and upskilling the finance team. You will need to get down to the details and root cause of any issue, and implement sustainable improvements with your insightful solutions. You will need very strong communication skills to build relationships and work well with team members from all functions in the business. Outside of the basics, you will drive forward our business performance and planning framework to bring better decision making and insights to the management team.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Treating symptoms as they arise; we want you curing diseases
- Delegating the hard work to an underling
- Driving commercial strategies; this is an operations role, though there will be plenty of commercial exposure and opportunities for your growth.
Finance Director Key Responsibilities
- Own the ERP and use your Finance & Accounting expertise and ERP knowledge to make it operate more efficiently
- Investigate quality problems in your team's work. Determine the root cause of each important quality failure, develop a simple solution that fixes both the problem and the source of the problem, and clearly document your solution
- Deliver enhanced business performance and planning reporting and analysis
- Manage the legal and compliance obligations for 13 entities across 8 countries
- Lead your global, remote team, comprising a Group Financial Controller, Business Controller and individual contributors in your financial teams.
- 10+ years of total finance experience, with 5+ years managing and coaching direct reports
- Excellent written and verbal Swedish and English communication skills and experience directly interacting with senior business leaders
- Deep financial reporting expertise to manage statutory reporting and group consolidations with IFRS knowledge
- Oracle Netsuite exposure or similar ERP experience
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment to achieve clear goals
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math/Science degree. Qualified as a CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or MBA
- Audit experience at a well regarded global firm, ideally Big 4
- Strong spreadsheet skills to automate reporting and accounting processes outside of the ERP.
Please apply online via career.diakrit.com by submitting your CV or simply apply with your LinkedIn profile!
We won’t ask for any cover letter, instead we will ask you to answer a few questions when you submit your application, so we can get a first idea if we will be a good match!
Please note that we are receiving a lot of applications so the recruitment process will take a couple of weeks. We are reviewing all applications and all candidates will receive an update on their application via email.
We are recruiting on an ongoing basis so don’t wait to submit your application!
Real estate digital marketing content that empowers and engages real estate agents and property buyers.
We provide innovative solutions that empower real estate agents, homeowners and buyers alike. We create cloud-based visualisation tools that deliver new experiences, answer questions and inspire potential - helping home buyers to digitally move in. We are proud to be the real estate agent’s most trusted partner, but the value our services create doesn’t end there.
Established in Sweden in 2001, DIAKRIT is currently present in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Thailand. We are proud to partner with over 8,000 real estate clients worldwide to help buyers find their dream home in an easier, more engaging and informative way.